Bot flag for LA2-bot[edit source]
- Operator: LA2
- Purpose: Various small semi-manual edits and interwiki links
- Software: Pywikipedia framework
- Bot flags: sv,da,no,nn,is,fi,et,ru
--LA2 18:23, 3 ođđajagimánu 2009 (UTC)
Buorre beaivi! Jeg jobber med en side på bokmålswikien om no:Bibelen i Norge. I den forbindelse leter jeg etter passende illustrasjoner. Er det noen som har en gammel samisk Bibel liggende? En som er så gammel at man har lov til å scanne tittelsiden og legge den på Commons, slik at den kan brukes som illustrasjon? Om noen kan hjelpe meg, blir jeg svært glad. Ta gjerne kontakt med meg på no:Brukerdiskusjon:3s, da jeg ser det fortere enn jeg ser svar her. MVH 3s 23:29, 21 ođđajagimánu 2009 (UTC)
Revitalisering av nordsamisk Wikipedia[edit source]
Det arbeides med nokre løysingar i regi tå Wikimedia Norge for å revitalisere nordsamisk Wikipedia. Det er vel ikkje noko understatement å si at aktivitetsnivået på prosjektet er heller lite. Det er fleire oppgåver som er planlagt, men noko tå det vi lurer på er å lage standardartiklar for tettstader, fjordar, øyer, elvar, fjelltoppar og innsjøar. Dette er ikkje tunge artiklar, men standardartiklar for å få synlegheit av prosjektet. Vi ynskjer å hente ut underlagsdata frå utgåvane på bokmål og nynorsk, faktisk er det ein del meir slikt på nynorskutgåva for enkelte område, og så fylle desse inn i artiklar med standardtekster på nordsamisk. Trond Trosterud ved Universitetet i Tromsø styrer med akkurat den biten. Han har underlag for å kople norske og samiske namn. Det vi treng er nokon som liker å gjere med botarbeid og som kan sjekke at alt laster opp som det skal. — Jeblad 23. jun 2009 kl. 21:05 (CEST)
- Any help would be appreciated, as it's proven to be impossible to drum up support for this in Finland. -Yupik 23:28, 23 geassemánu 2009 (UTC)
Sámegielat Wikipedia boahteáigi?[edit source]
Leago sámegielat Wikipedias boahteáigi? Livččiigo áigi heaitit eret dán sámegielat prošeavtta? Mu mielas dát lea hui buorre jurda, muhto go leat nu unnán čállit de in dieđe leago dás geasage rivttes ávki. --Skuolfi 21:59, 8 suoidnemánu 2009 (UTC)
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[edit source]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you[edit source]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net[edit source]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
Translatewiki.net update[edit source]
- Currently 38.68% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 16:03, 30 čakčamánu 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 38.98% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 15:11, 1 skábmamánu 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 38.93% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:56, 14 juovlamánu 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 38.62% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.11% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 15:45, 18 ođđajagimánu 2010 (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
How can we improve the usability for your language[edit source]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 16:03, 30 čakčamánu 2009 (UTC)
Small request[edit source]
Hello! I am a Polish wikipedian and I would like to ask you for your help - writing a new article about former Polish President who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983 – Lech Wałęsa. I have looked for his biography in your Wikipedia but without success. Polish Wikipedians will be grateful for your help. Thank you so much in advance! PS you can find the English version of the article here. Best wishes from Poland, Patrol110 22:15, 28 golggotmánu 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for leaving your request. I'll try to get to it before the end of the year. -Yupik 08:45, 30 golggotmánu 2009 (UTC)
- A stub's been created for it. Hopefully this helps. -Yupik 10:03, 30 golggotmánu 2009 (UTC)